Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My '85 Dolphin

I've started a blog to document our fun little wreck of a motorhome that we just bought- that's right bought. Most people would walk away from this little gem, but for me it was love at first sight. I first saw it a few years ago when we stopped in a Christy's great-aunt Barbara's house on a trip to SLC. Aunt Barbara lives in very rural Paul, ID. and I found it back behind her house next to her shed. I put it away in the back of my head and slowly introduced the idea to Christy that we needed it. Well, the first conversation went a little like this:

Gabe- "Honey, we need to renovate Aunt Barbara's motorhome."
Christy- "Darling, you need your head examined."

Well, time passed and believe it or not, Christy surprised me with it as my birthday gift last year. I finally managed to pick it up about 2 weeks ago and I'm already elbow deep into trickin' this baby out. Here's a picture of it last summer in Aunt Barbara's pasture.
Sorry, don't be jealous!


Here's a picture of me, Alex, and Dad the day we loaded it on Dad's trailer (Chase took the picture).








Here's a picture of us hauling it down the freeway.

3 comments:

  1. Love that you've started a blog!!! Go Gabe! I know you can do it - just make sure you get it running before you get the inside all beautiful! Well, I guess plan B could be that the kids use it for their play house! I do love the blog - good idea!!! PS- if you want, I will come and help you reupholster the benches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- I think I'll take your advice and make sure I can get it running before I get to far along with it. Do you know how to re-upholster to a metal frame?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks- I think I'll take your advice and make sure I can get it running before I get to far along with it. Do you know how to re-upholster to a metal frame?

    ReplyDelete